Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Review of MADAGASCAR: ESCAPE 2 AFRICA

November 25, 2008



To start with, the first "Madagascar" was not really an instant favorite of mine. The characters were a tad too shrill and neurotic for me. Over repeated viewings though, it grew tolerable for me. I was not really planning on watching this sequel, but the kids were insistent when we saw it showing in the mall last Sunday, so we watched it.

It had the advantage of characters whom viewers have grown familiar with. Somehow they were able to intertwine a rather blatant "Lion King" storyline with a romantic side story to create this new movie. The feisty little old lady in the train station in the last movie has more than a mere cameo in this installment.

I'm guilty to say I actually liked it. It is very funny. I was laughing out loud at certain parts. For all its derivative-ness, the way they tied around together into another cohesive whole was entertaining. Just go watch this for the laughs. The snappy repartee in the dialogue are hilarious! However, there is nothing really original about this. You have heard all its other messages before.


No comments:

Post a Comment