Sunday, October 16, 2016

Review of FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS

November 16, 2006



Finally I have seen "Flags of our Fathers". Being younger and not American, I am watching this film purely for education on the history of this event. I have not seen "Sands of Iwo Jima," so this is actually the first film I have seen about Iwo Jima. As would be expected, the film is heavy drama. The direction of the dramatic scenes are very emotionally touching. I admired Clint Eastwood's direction in this film more than "Mystic River" and "Million Dollar Baby" (both of which I did not like very much). There are scenes that feel repetitive though.

Actors Ryan Philippe and Adam Beach do very well. Jesse Bradford seems miscast, he does not look nor act like a soldier of that era. His performance is the worst of the leads. The girl who played his girl Pauline is terribly annoying as well. But overall, it is an effective movie which delivered its message, and definitely worth the time to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment