Sunday, October 16, 2016

Review of STEP UP

October 5, 2006



"Step Up" is not really a movie you watch for the story. It's totally predictable and definitely you've seen all these scenes and situations in many other movies before. It is not even about the actors (I did not know any names of the leads, nor do I recall them right now). It is something you watch because of the great dance sequences. 

I especially enjoyed watching 2 scenes: the romantically shot dance sequence on the rooftop, bathed in afternoon sunlight; and that climactic dance sequence in the "showdown", very well choreographed and executed. There was a scene with the male lead danced with his foster siblings, which I found charming. 

The hiphop soundtrack is also very good. That song in the final credits "Get Up" by Ciara is very infectious, I'm having last song syndrome up to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment