Monday, October 17, 2016

Review of THE SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS MOVIE


April 16, 2007


I don't know why my son picked out this particular DVD to buy when we were in Shanghai. I have never seen a single episode of this popular Nickelodeon cartoon series. But now that I have finally seen it, I must admit, this movie is really, really hilarious! This is a great introduction of the characters for me.

This comedy is relentlessly silly yet smartly plotted and written. There were so many precious one-liners and punchlines. That part when Squidward learns about Plankton selling Krabby Patties at the Chum Bucket, and he says "Chum Bucket? Free? Krabby Patty? Plankton? Giving? With?" is too funny, even with repeated watching! Hahahaha! Come to think about it, I actually did not mind watching this movie over and over with my kids!

The artwork is likewise very funny, especially with Patrick Star and his infatuated look with Mindy, or that part when he was trying so hard not to sing along to the Goofy Goober theme song at the Thug Tug. The interaction of Spongebob and Patrick with live-action David Hasselhoff is another very funny sequence.


No comments:

Post a Comment